FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Charley Burch
Address: 7657 Spirit Lake Cove, Memphis, TN 38016
Charley Burch Launches Campaign For
Memphis City Council Seat Super District 9 Position 2
Charley Burch, a lifelong Memphian, has been involved in civil service from an early age and has served as an appointed city government official in Memphis for 12 years. Charley served four and a half years as Secretary on the Memphis Alcohol Commission, and has served seven and a half years as Vice Chairman and Treasurer of the Memphis Music Commission. Mr. Burch served a 2 year term on The Board of Governors for The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and became a Grammy Member in 1996.
Charley is a Federal Transportation Security Officer for The Department of Homeland Security at The Memphis International Airport, and has been elected Vice Chairman of the DHS/TSA Employees Advisory Council. Charley is also a licensed Realtor with Keller Williams Realty. He has produced Memphis Music events and records for 30 years. Charley is a member of Anshei Sphard Beth El Emeth Synagogue, and a Master Mason with Unity Lodge #95 (York Rite, Scottish Rite, Eastern Star and Shriner’s). Charley has a B.A. in History from Memphis State University.
The Burch family has a 150-year history of government involvement and defending our Citizen’s rights. The Burch family worked on behalf of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and the Memphis Sanitation Workers. Burch family members also served in the Tennessee House of Representatives, as Governor of Tennessee and in The United States Senate.
Charley Burch is running for office because he is troubled that our city is becoming increasingly divided, both socially and politically. City Council Super District 9 Position 2 is a nonpartisan seat and it should be just that—nonpartisan. As a friend and member of unions and labor, when elected, Charley Burch will defend the rights and benefits of our Police, Firefighters and all Memphis City Employees. When elected, he will also focus on repairing our city’s infrastructure, including public roads and services. Mr. Burch is against higher property taxes. Charley will be a conduit for the voices of all his constituents and work with all members of Memphis City Council to establish and maintain a fair and balanced budget.
Vote for Charley Burch on August 2nd, 2018, and he will represent The Voice of The People and not private interests or agendas! It’s time to Rebuild Memphis for Memphians!
- Defend the rights and benefits of our Police, Firefighters, and all Memphis City Employees, specifically health care benefits and pensions
- Repair our city’s infrastructure, including public roads and services
- Fight any and all efforts to raise property taxes
- Establish and maintain a fair and balanced city budget
- Represent The Voice of The People rather than special interests and agendas
- Improve access to affordable public transportation
- Improve access to education programs focused on vocational and skilled trade development
- Improve access to Public Health Services
- Develop and promote Memphis music, arts, tourism, and attractions
- Preserve and improve our library, landmarks, and park services
- Identify and obtain State and Federal grants for Memphis programs
- Restore traffic to/from the Memphis Airport to previous levels
- Attract and keep residents in Memphis